This year we will have some hands on tutorials which take anywhere from 3-6 minutes to complete at Amplify. Check out below some of the cool features you can play with live in the IBM Commerce tooling. Some key things you will be able to try:
- Commerce Composer – adding marketing content to a page and creating new layouts
- Search Rules – control which products rank higher in search results
- Merchadising attributes – hidden attributes that can be used in precision marketing
- Mixing advertisements with product results
- Promotions and Promotion codes
- Dynamic categories – categories based on attribute values
Make sure you schedule some time in San Diego to play with the IBM Commerce tooling!
Showcase hours are:
Monday – 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Tuesday – 9:30 am – 7:30pm
Wednesday – 9:30 am – 7:30 pm
Not registered for Amplify, register today here!
In the past, companies were faced with two primary models for a web site design:
- Responsive or Adaptive design with a single source
- A separate “m.” sub domain for the mobile version of the site
As Google promised back in February, a site with a mobile design will have priority in the Google search result index. So if you went down the m.domain.com route you may be losing search results ranking according to Google. Check out your site URL to see if your site is “mobile friendly” using the Google Mobile-Friendly Test.
The WebSphere Commerce starter store “Aurora” is built on a responsive design framework similar to bootstrap. Basing your eCommerce store code on the Aurora template means you will be mobile friendly right out of the gate!
If you recall, one of my previous posts about SNOW you will also realize that just being mobile friendly with an adaptive or responsive approach is not the entire picture. SNOW gives your site the ability to send properly sized images for the devices hitting your site. This is not only a screen real estate problem being solved but a bandwidth problem. Smaller resolution images also mean faster connections when going over 3G, 4G, or LTE.
Is your site mobile friendly?