I had the 30 day trial version of several different video authoring programs and I finally decided on Final Cut Pro X. It seemed to me by far the most comprehensive and feature rich tool and while the price was somewhere in the middle, it wasn’t cheap – especially for a hobby. You may have noticed my last two videos on YouTube had some titles, an ending, and even a little bit of green screen in them.
As an advocate of “free education” I loved the fact I could search YouTube and get all kinds of great tips to learn how to use it. Tips from setting up a very cheap green screen (and lighting it) to actual feature tips for Final Cut Pro X are all on YouTube – so for that I thank you! Here are some of the ones I watched:
- Timeline Basics – Final Cut Pro X
- Tutorial: Lightsaber Effect For Final Cut Pro X
- Pt 2 of 3 – Faster Editing in Final Cut Pro X
- Backgrounds and Generators for Creating Effects in Final Cut Pro X
- How beeb out words in Final Cut Pro X
- How To Effectively Light Your Green Screen
- Final Cut Pro X Effects Tutorial: Green Screen / Chroma Key
- Green Screen Tips – How to Build Your Own! CHEAP!!
I have already done a cool video with my son for a school project he had where he gave the weather on Saturn – he loved it!
The first video I created with the software was the new CKEditor in WebSphere Commerce video: