What do you think?
In this video I show how you can use template page layouts to give a custom experience for a book store that sells books for University classes. The video shows how you can have “landing pages” for courses to show the instructors picture, name, and biography along with the course description.
Then, instead of using a regular product listing, I use merchandising attributes to put course material and optional course material into two different eSpots. You can imagine the page could have a completely different look and feel from the other categories on the site. This is a good way to have landing pages for each class very easily without registering new JSP’s for each landing page. I use the category hierarchy to carry out this landing page concept.
I received my weekly email from YouTube stating I would be interested in this channel called IBM SupportTV and the video was for IBM Extensions for Memory Analyzer to debug out of memory issues so I decided to check it out.
I happen to be engaged with a customer where we will be teaming up with Coremedia for some pretty amazing content management integration with WebSphere Commerce. Coremedia has been around for over 15 years and has a pretty large presence in Europe. Based out of Germany, Coremedia is starting to make grounds in the United States – see the video below for more information on that and make sure you check out their WebSphere Commerce page on their site for some key differentiation they bring to the table.
Some key bullets from their integration benefits page:
- Drive traffic with engaging experiences across all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Increase impact of product pages
- Provide marketing with direct and detailed control of customer experiences
- Use images and videos to increase relevance and impact
- Reinforce brand personality and unify brand identity across multiple channels
- Enrich or substitute product catalog information
- Increase awareness, influence, trust, participation and loyalty
- Multi-channel experience management improves content reuse and expand brand reach
- Provide competitive differentiation
Check out this video with industry analyst Seth Gottlieb.
This is an excellent analysis of the various eCommerce systems in the market today. I only viewed the shortened free version which I found extremely comprehensive and much better than the Forrester and Gartner reports – so great job NBS Systems! What is also interesting is NBS Systems actually does hosting for Magento and Hybris implementations.