Tonight I decided to fix something that apparently is common in Drupal 7. The core aggregation module that ships with Drupal stores feed items in a separate table (two tables in fact) and that table is not part of the search module. The great thing is, after a small amount of digging, I learned the extension model for search using the search hooks, and viola! So now you can search PlanetWebSphere.net like any other site in the world.
The module is aggregator and the file I modified was aggregator.module in core Drupal. I submitted this to a discussion on the site, maybe after some review from the Drupal Lords it will be put into the stream.