Tonight I decided to poke around and see if there are any tools to remove malware scripts embedded into PHP and I found this very nice plugin for WordPress, AntiVirus.
The plugin has a utility that can be run daily to check all php files for embedded viruses. The report can be emailed to the site administrators. You can also run the tool manually and watch it do its thing…very cool. If this tool ends up being valuable I will definitely have to donate to this because it was a total pain in the butt to remove this code manually across all of the directories.
- WordPress 3.x ready: Design as well as technical
- Detect the current WordPress permalink back door
- Quick & Dirty: activate, check, done!
- Manual testing with immediate result of the infected files
- Daily automatic check with email notification
- Whitelist: Mark the suspicion as “No virus”
- Clean up after uninstall the plugin
- English, German, Italian, Persian, Russian